March 20, 2008

More Fast Forward


So what have I been doing for the last twenty years? I wish I had the proverbial dollar for every time someone asked me if I " got that house done yet? " question. In my last post, "Fast Forward", I thought I was going to get up to date on what I have done while renovating my home but only got as far as getting the roof done.

I will speed it up. Here we go. In a nutshell I have put a new roof on, removed outbuildings and porches and tree's and bushes. Filled cisterns, completely gutted all of the plaster and lathe walls and ceilings, hauled all of the plaster out to the lane to the woods, re-wired, insulated and drywalled. Tore out huge sections of walls and replaced, removed floors, replaced floors, straightened floors, tore off the old kitchen and replaced with a new one as well as a bedroom above the kitchen. Added a 150' wrap-around porch, new siding, and a 32' x 60' garage with a 1200 sq. ft. loft above. And I still have a long way to go!

Matter of fact, alot of the things that I have already done, namely the roof, are ready to be replaced again! Ever watch the movie "Money Pit". There is still so much more that has been done that I haven't written here but I am ready to start posting how my current projects are going so stay tuned to "Renovating Your Home".

Curt Levans, EzineArticles.com Basic Author

No comments: